Hey Team Rookie, here's a treat that'll make your taste buds dance and your muscles thank you – our Pumpkin Pie Protein Delight! This isn't just a pie; it's a fusion of wholesome pumpkin, protein power, and a hint of sweet indulgence. Whether you're refueling after a workout or just craving something sweet, this pie's got your back!
- 2 Large Whole Eggs – the building blocks of protein.
- 15 Ounces Pumpkin Puree – nature’s own energy booster.
- ½ Cup Sweetener – just the right touch of sweetness.
- 2 Ounces Milk Substitute (or regular Milk) – dairy or dairy-free, you choose!
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Ginger – for a zesty twist.
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg – because every pie needs a bit of spice.
- ⅛ Teaspoon Ground Cloves – a pinch of flavor magic.
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon – the spice of life!
- ¼ Cup Fat-Free Cottage Cheese – creamy and protein-rich.
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract – a dash of pure flavor.
- 2 Scoops Vanilla Protein Powder – Rookie’s way of pumping up your pie.
- 1 Pre-made Pie Crust (Optional) – for those who love a good crust.
Prep: Preheat your oven to a cozy 350°F (176°C). If you're going crustless, spray your pie dish with non-stick cooking spray. If you're using a crust, get it ready in the dish.
Mix It Up: In a big bowl or a food processor, combine all the ingredients. Blend or mix until you've got a smooth, even mixture.
Pour and Bake: Pour your pie mix into the dish or crust. Slide it into the oven and bake for the first 30 minutes.
The Final Stretch: Turn down the heat to 300°F (148°C) and let it bake for another 15-20 minutes. You're aiming for a set center that still has a bit of jiggle.
Cool Down: Let the pie cool completely. This is when the magic happens, and it sets to perfection.
- Sweetener Selection: stevia/splenda/ erythritol/Monk Fruit (use less) Feel free to play around with your choice of sweetener – whatever fits your lifestyle and taste.
- Protein Power: Vanilla protein powder works wonders, but feel free to experiment with other flavors for a unique twist.
- Milk Matters: Any milk or milk substitute works. Almond milk, oat milk, or good ol’ cow’s milk – your choice, your style.
- To Crust or Not to Crust: Going crustless? You’ll get a lighter, more custard-like pie. Crust-lovers, you’re in for a classic treat.
Slice up this Pumpkin Pie Protein Delight and savor the flavor of health and happiness, Rookie Wellness style. It's more than a pie; it's a celebration of healthy living!